- 12/2012 Foundation of the association “Wir helfen Gofila und Nachbarden Regionen in Burkina Faso e. V.”.
- 05/2013 Employment of a local employee: Annicet Ouedraogo.
He studied as one of the few inhabitants of Burkina Faso. His task is to supervise and control the projects. Annicet is based in Ouagadougou, but travels weekly to the Kaya region, where the village of Gofila is located.
- 12/2013 Entry in the register of associations in Memmingen.
- 04/2014 Fiscal recognition in Burkina Faso.
- 05/2014 Completion of the first completed project: construction of six deep wells.
- 10/2016 Visit by the Federal Minister for Economic Cooperation and Development, Dr. Gerd Müller.
- 12/2016 Approval of the application to the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) for an examination of the executing agency.
- 01/2017 Renaming of the association as “Hilfe für Burkina Faso e. V.”.
- 06/2017 Approval of initial application BMZ.
MANAGEMENT BOARDS & MEMBERS
The association is legally, organisationally and financially independent. We exclusively pursue charitable purposes, all members and board members are volunteers.
- Horst Walz (1st executive committee)
- Dr. Hans Reichhart, MdL (2nd Management Board)
- Fabian Walz (1st cash auditor)
- Ursula Walz (2nd cash auditor)
- Leonhard Krumm (Cashier)
- Sara Winkler (Secretary)
- Hans Reichhart, First Mayor of Jettingen-Scheppach (Assessor)
- Annette Ruess (Assessor)
- Vladimira Trojan (Assessor)
- Ernst Klimmer (Assessor)
GOFILA – THE BEGINNING OF OUR EFFORTS
The village of Gofila is about 20 km away from the provincial town of Kaya and could have looked like this 1,000 years ago. About 5,000 inhabitants live there, spread over six settlements. About 60 % of the inhabitants are under 16 years old. Gofila lies in the southern foothills of the Sahel and has three months of the rainy season and nine months of drought. Through Father Emanuel the contact to Burkina Faso was established, he lived for some years in Germany, sometimes in Jettingen-Scheppach. Emanuel and his family come from the village of Gofila. He now works as director of the Catholic school system in the diocese of Kaya and is responsible for 30 schools in this region.
FACTS ABOUT BURKINA FASO
- About 18.1 million people live in Burkina Faso (BF), the capital is called Ouagadougou, it has 2 million inhabitants.
- For every 10,000 inhabitants there are 0.5 doctors.
- Such more than 40% of the 17.6 million inhabitants live below the absolute poverty line.
- Around 70% of the working population earn just $2 a day.
- Almost half of the population is under 15 years of age.
- The proportion of people over 14 who can read and write is about 22 %.
- The average number of children born by a woman during her childbearing years in BF is 5.6.
- BF is ranked 183th in the human development index out of 188.
- The average life expectancy is 59 years.
- 89 out of 1,000 children die before the age of 5.
- In Burkina Faso, child labour is 39.2 %.
- For a well with pure water the people of Burkina Faso often have to walk for miles.
Sources: destatis.de, Federal Foreign Office, BMZ, human development index